Sunday 8 November 2009

National Chocolate week.


IMAG0143
Originally uploaded by mariecandme

October was the month that hosted National Chocolate Week. I realised a couple of months ago, I kept missing the 5 things not to miss, because they were always in the month prior to the cover date of the magazine. So November’s issue was telling me not to miss 5 things in October.

I checked out the national chocolate week website and found out that Hotel Chocolate had got involved. Roping in Milnoids, we trekked over to the shop one lunch hour. There was someone handing out samples in the store, and we found that if we filled in a card with out details, we could take a little chocolate bar with us.

A couple of days later, I took a friend down to the soup kitchen in Arndale market for some lunch. We had to pass Hotel chocolate on the way there, and I kept thinking about the little bars of chocolate. When we were done, we went into the store and filled out a card, in my case for a second bar of free chocolate. Not wanting to be totally taking the piss, I decided to put my mum’s name and email address on the card. It’s a good job it was chocolate week not chocolate month, or there would be a whole host of you now receiving random emails from Hotel chocolate - and I would be in a corner with chocolate all over my face wearing my best “ I don’t know how they got your details?!” face.