Monday 16 November 2009

Five things not to miss - Breakfast at Tiffany's


IMAG0216
Originally uploaded by mariecandme

Saturday was not just about Jimmy Choo, I headed down to the big smoke to see Breakfast at Tiffany’s with The Lady. I’ve not been to see a play for ages, and I’ve not seen the film or read the book either… so hadn’t really got a clue what to expect.

I knew it was starring Anna Freil, and Lady told me there was a real life cat in it. But as the curtains rose, this was the depth of my knowledge.

It was absolutely brilliant! I loved the story, Anna Freil (and the cat) were fantastic and the theatre was spectacular.

One thing I hadn’t bargained for though, was a full frontal “here is my lady garden” flash from Anna. Granted, she has a fantastic figure and her character, Holly Golightly is a bit of rum one, but really.. is it necessary at 3pm on a Saturday?

It just made me a bit depressed actually, I’d love to have Anna Freil’s figure. And face come to think of it!

When I got back to Manchester, I was aware I had got a bit hot and flustered on the tube and train. But this was confirmed when at home, husband was positively repelled by my impression of a Gregg’s potato and meat pasty. One day, I will learn how to be cultured and sexy at the same time. Like Joanna Lumley.