Sunday 1 November 2009

Le Spa Mrs T

In October, Marie Claire advises you how to recreate a spa in your own home. The only problem with most of the “treatments” is the initial outlay for all the products was more than twice as expensive as a spar weekend in Darlington.

The affordable and luckily most relevant “facial” for me, was the one designed for problem skin. As I read the instructions I became puzzled. It read as if the treatment was just washing your face then putting on spot cream, the only difference being that you moisturise with a vitamin A moisturiser whilst your face is still wet.

Maybe I was missing something? Maybe if I actually carried out the “facial” I would understand that this was something worth paying for in a spa. So I did.

I washed my face with the right kind of face wash. I then toned, followed by the vitamin A moisturiser and spot cream.

Yep – it’s just washing your face!

There are also instructions on teas to drink, dubbed the “tea spa”, so I’ve been drinking green tea and Skin purify all month with no significant difference to shout about.

The only other suggestions I could afford in turning my home into a Spa was taking a really hot bath, followed by a really cold bath. I have to hold my hands up and admit I’ve chickened out doing this. Would you?

Lastly was a massage. I roped husband in to giving me the invigorating massage, which consists of lots of vigorous sweeping movements all over. It worked actually, I did feel invigorated in the mildest sense, but not enough to get out of bed on a Saturday morning and fell back to sleep soon after.

Over all though, thumbs down to this article. It was about as affordable and practical as a chocolate fireguard and I would rather take the same amount of money and get away from it all at a real spa.