Monday 25 July 2011

Flat Spelt bread fail

The next step on my journey to a wrinkle free future was too cut the sugar out of my bread.

What I didn't realise, until after I bake this loaf is that the yeast needs the sugar to increase the mass of the dough. So my Spelt loaf has turned out a bit crap.

I used honey, but it obviously wasn't good enough.

This cutting out sugar business has resulted in a few late nights for me, experimenting with these kitchen gadgets so I can make my own stuff. The late nights are cancelling out the cut in sugar.

I'll do some research and see what I can come up with in a couple of days on order to make the bread rise.

In the meantime, if anyone a spare brick, or something to rest their feet on while thy watch T.V, this Spelt loaf would be perfect.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone